Looking for a decadent plant based pud? This picture perfect banoffee pie has all of the goodness and none of the guilt.
Let’s face it, some puddings are only tasty because they are packed with sugar. Banoffee pie has so many great natural flavours that with a healthy twist on the ingredients you will soon be eating it for breakfast! This plant based banoffee pie from @Herbivore_tamara is a must try – don’t miss the secret ingredient, organic lucuma!
-1/2 cup Forest Whole Food’s Organic Almonds
-2 cups Forest Whole Foods Organic Rolled Oats
-1/4 cup Forest Whole Foods Organic Coconut Oil
-2 tbsp Water
-2 tbsp Maple or agave syrup
-A Pinch of himalayan salt
1 cup of Forest Whole Food’s Organic Medjool Dates
5 tbsp melted Forest Whole Foods Organic Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Almond butter or tahini
a generous pinch of Himalayan salt
1/2 cup Hot water
1 tsp Vanilla
1 heaped tsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic Lucuma Powder
Vanilla cashew cream:
-1 1/2 cups Forest Whole Food’s Organic Cashews (ideally soaked overnight)
-3/4 cups Plant based milk (i used homemade oat milk)
-1 tsp Vanilla
-3 tbsp Maple syrup (4 for extra sweet)
-1/2 cup Forest Whole Foods Organic Coconut Oil
- Blend all the base ingredients in a high speed processor. I like to start with blending the oats and almonds to a flour and then adding the remaining ingredients so it’s a smoother mixture.
- Leave the base in the fridge or freezer whilst you make the other layers for the caramel – if your dates are not very soft then soak them in boiling water for 10 mins or so.
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed food processor.
- Pour the caramel over the base and leave in the fridge whilst you make the cashew cream topping.
- For the cashew cream – blend all the ingredients on high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy with no lumps. Done!
- Slice the bananas and layer on top of the caramel filling.
- Finally, pour (or pipe swirls of) the creamy cashew cream over the caramel and bananas.
- Leave in the fridge to set for 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish as you wish – I like adding a finely chopped chocolate bar, cacao nibs or a dusting of cacao powder!