Have you tried making cakes without eggs and butter before? This dorset apple cake is moist and delicious with none of the dairy.
This dorset apple cake recipe is ideal for all your windfalls. This cake is nutrient rich and full of flavour as well as coming out the oven moist (and staying moist).
We use Organic Ceylon Cinnamon (or true cinnamon) in this recipe, it is a purer form which has more potent properties including a very high cinnamaldehyde content. To obtain this precious organic cinnamon powder, the inner bark is gently dried with warm air and then ground down. This rich brown powder has a characteristic aromatic taste and comes all the way from regions in Asia where the cinnamon tree grows.
Be creative with the ingredients to add extra flavour and nutrition.
Preheat your oven to 180C (360F)
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and combine.
- Peel and chop the apples in to 2cm cubes.
- Mix the apple cubes into the batter.
- Line and grease the tin with oil.
- Pour the mixture in and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35mins
- Remove and let the cake cool and sprinkle with demerara sugar.